Article 1 (Purpose)
The purpose of these terms and conditions is to define the rights, duties, and responsibility as well as the requirements between users and Seoul City in using Seoul Special City (hereinafter referred to as “Seoul”) for services (hereinafter referred to as “service”) for articles, photo, videos, web cartoons, etc., in “Seoulstory.”
Article 2 (Effects and Variations of the Terms)
① This condition shall be effective upon their posting on the service screen or when users are notified using other methods
② If deemed necessary by Seoul, the contents of these terms and conditions may be changed, the changed conditions shall be directly posted on the service screen, and the users shall be asked to confirm the change directly.
③ Users reserve the right to stop using the service and cancel their use application if they do not agree to the changed terms and conditions. Continued use by users shall be taken to mean that they consent to the changed agreements; the changed contents shall take effect based on the same methods mentioned in the foregoing paragraph.
Article 3 (Change of Service, Stopping the Use of, and Storing the Information)
① Users agree that Seoul shall not assume any responsibility for loss of other communication data in case contents saved or transferred in the service are deleted or are not stored and transferred due to national emergency crisis, blackout, service installation failure, and other force majeure events.
② Seoul may temporarily stop providing services after notifying users in case it has difficulty continuing the provision of service. Seoul shall not be responsible for the loss of other communication data if messages or other communication contents are deleted or are not stored and transferred due to its stoppage of service.
③ Seoul can edit, change, and stop the service after prior notification, and neither users nor third parties shall assume any responsibility.
④ Seoul may restrict use without prior notification in case the acts below or violations of these terms and conditions are committed. In such case, Seoul can prohibit the user’s registration and posting, and all or part of the content posted by the user may be temporarily deleted.
1. If the data provided by the user proves to be false
2. When it relates to a criminal act
3. Planning or implementing the use of the service for the purpose of impeding national interest or social public interest
4. Using stolen service ID and password
5. To impair or damage another person’s honor
6. Harming the sound use of the service such as damaging the service
7. In case of violation of other related laws or regulations set by Seoul
Article 4 (Private Posts or Contents and Their Deletion)
① If entire contents posted or registered by users are believed to fall under any of the items below, Seoul may block all posts, preventing other users from opening them. Seoul may also block posts without prior notification even after they are publically opened, in which case it shall not be held responsible.
1. Content that damages the honor by defaming or slandering Seoul, other users, and third party
2. Content that violates public order and morality
3. Hazardous contents defined in the Youth Protection Act
4. Contents recognized to be connected to criminal activities
5. False information associated with an intention of harming others or giving oneself or others financial profits or damaging others
6. Advertising contents for profits
Stealing the service manager’s identity and contents using the stolen names of other people
7. Content that infringes the copyright or other rights of third parties
8. Content that infringes the rights of others, such as portrait, name, and privacy
9. Sounds, articles, footage or videos causing shame, disgust, or fear
Vulgar or obscene data, text, software, music, photographs, graphics, video messages, etc.
8. Publishing or posting contents without rights (all rights including intellectual properties)
9. Publishing or posting software viruses to destroy, disrupt, or restrict the function of computer software, hardware, and electric communication devices
10. Publishing or posting contents containing other computer's codes, files, and programs
11. Information not suitable for the service
12. Any contents violating other laws and regulations set forth by Seoul
Article 5 (Copyright and Use of Posts)
① The copyright of contents posted during the use of the service by users is reserved by the individual user who created the contents, and other users may use them in accordance with the Creative Commons creator marking-non-profit-no change license.
② Users shall assume full civil and criminal responsibility for contents infringing another person's copyright, program copyright, portrait rights, etc.
③ Users may not use contents posted during the use of the service such as processing and selling information obtained from using the service, with the exception of specially specified contents.
Article 6 (Ownership of Seoul)
① Intellectual properties and other rights pertaining to service and software, image, mark, logo, design, service name, information, trademark, and other factors needed for the service shall be reserved by Seoul.
② Users may neither edit, rent, loan, sell, distribute, manufacture, yield, nor re-license all or part of each asset mentioned in paragraph 1 nor set bonds for nor use such for commercial purposes. Neither shall users allow third parties to engage in the aforementioned acts.
Article 7 (Duty of Seoul)
① Seoul shall promptly take care of opinions or complaints raised by users if such complaints are deemed justifiable. If it fails to do so, Seoul shall notify the users of the reason and schedule.
② Seoul shall do its best to protect the private information of users in accordance with the laws and regulations.
③ In case the user sustains damage due to the service provided by Seoul, the latter shall be responsible for such damages if and only if Seoul intended to do so, and the degree of responsibility shall be limited to general damages.
Article 8 (Exemption Clause)
① Seoul shall not be responsible for any expected profit or damage due to information obtained by the user while using the service.
② Seoul shall not be responsible for information, data, and factors posted by users during the use of the service in terms of their trustworthiness, accuracy, etc.
Article 9 (Competent Court)
① In the event of a dispute between Seoul and users with regard to using the service, both parties shall do their best to settle the dispute smoothly.
② If lawsuits are filed for a dispute on using the service despite the regulation set forth in paragraph 1, a court having jurisdiction over the address of Seoul shall be designated as the competent court for the lawsuit.
Supplementary Provision (Effective Date) These terms and conditions may be amended and applied beginning September 1, 2017.